The Customs District Series of the World Trade Atlas® profiles U.S. imports and exports through any specific U.S. Customs District by country of destination or origin, or by commodity at the 2, 4, and 6-digit level of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule. The Customs District Series of the World Trade Atlas is available in the following versions:
- Total - Shows all shipments going through a Customs District via all forms of transportation.
- Air - Shows only air shipments through each Customs District.
- Vessel - Shows only sea shipments through each Customs District.
The World Trade Atlas® by Customs District allows you to:
- Display Customs District trade over a 3-year time period aggregated by most current month, year-to-date or calendar year in dollars, metric tons, or short tons.
- Select any Customs District in the country and see the destination or origin of its goods by trading partner or by commodity classification at the 2, 4, or 6 digit level of detail in the Harmonized Tariff Schedule.
- Compare trade to or from any U.S. port in a selected commodity (or a specific foreign country) with all other U.S. ports involved in the trade
The World Trade Atlas by Customs District contains many of the other convenience tools incorporated in Global Trade Information software including a lexicon to identify Harmonized System numbers by keyword and other easy-to-use search features. Official descriptions of HS categories are available at the touch of your keyboard. You have the option of printing data immediately or saving any screen in spreadsheet, text or comma-delimited file.